Garbage elimination has been a growing issue that the whole world has been dealing with for the past couple of years. The new technologies are trying to become more and more green to reduce the consumption of energy, natural habitat, and other factors that affect mother earth.
Aside from sorting out your garbage by trash cans (plastic, glass, paper) the new way to get rid of things is known as a garbage disposal. This has become something new that families have been acquiring in their homes. It is a very convenient way to get rid of small wastes such as food and dirt particles. It is not a cheap penny to have one in your home but most certainly saves a lot of hassle if you maintain it right.
What is your basic?
Getting ready to purchase one? Well, it is not as easy as you think. Yes even purchasing something, as a garbage disposal needs some pre-purchase research.
Just by the naked eye they all seem to look and work the same. Right!? That may be the case but in reality, they serve a different duty for everything!
Most are considered as an addition to your kitchen sink unless you have purchased an integrated one into your kitchen set beforehand. No one likes a noisy and an improperly serving unit. Therefore doing the proper reading and asking some friends about it can go a long way. Price is certainly one of the first things to keep in mind because you need to know what you can allow yourself and what you cannot. If you are feeling a bit more luxurious then spending the extra dime needs to be properly worth it!
- Two Designs– as mentioned before that all of them do differentiate from one another just only by price but by the design as well. There are batch feed and continuous feed disposal. The continues feed ones can be turned on for a long period of time as long as the button or switch is flipped on. While the batch feeds one only works when you place a cover on it. Thus allowing you to only dispose of one batch per time. The continuous are more common to find a home not only that they are not too expensive in price. Batch feed disposal does eliminate the risk of injuries because they are only turned on by the cover placement.
- Horses– just like a car the disposal has different . That affects the speed and how well the food gets demolished inside of it. That is also a big differentiator in price. The lowest amount of horsepower is about ¼, which would mean that the cost would be relatively low. On the opposite hand, the most expensive ones carry a horsepower of 1 whole. Although of course, horsepower level sat does not mean that paying a higher price will get you the best functioning one. Choosing a high horse speed is wise when coming from a family and food consumption approach. The bigger amount of family member means the bigger horsepower you need to dispose of all the food in a quick manner.
- Noise- some of the disposals can produce a large amount of noise in a home. Thus if you have a baby in your home that would most likely not be a smart choice to have. A lot the newer technology has been making garbage disposal less noise exposing. That is a feature that would cost you a bit more than you expect.
- Material- of course just like anything in the appliances sector stainless steel takes the gold home. Therefore when choosing a garbage disposal always consider the material that is made out of. The large exposure to water can get the average material gets rotten and corroded. In the result, the stainless material lasts much longer.
Note to Plumber Self!
Have you ever heard of maintenance or of a thing called factory flaws? Although some of the models may cost you a big amount, they as well need some high money amount taking care of. Keep in my though that fixing them is quite easier if you are a handy person. There is really not much to it in fixing one unless you need some part replacement or the whole unit is malfunctioning. In that situation lets hope that you have a professional plumber on speed dial. Once a week check ups should be a routine for you. Certainly maintaining more often than not will do some good for it in the long run.
- Jammed– this is something that you can’t prevent and it is a normal occurrence for a garbage disposal. Most certainly the first action is to turn it off completely. At times larger for particles can get stuck in here such as fruit seeds, bones, or other large heavy items. You may take it apart and take out the item.
- No functioning– if the disposal does not even make a sound then probably the first thing to think about is if it’s receiving power or not. Along with always make an attempt in pressing the reset button. If problems continue to sit then call in a plumber or an electrician to check your circuits.
- Not enough grind– checking that enough water is going through is the first thing to do. If the actual unit is running but the blades are not then they might be damaged and you should seek a replacement or talk to a professional.
So what are some of the key factors that you can jot down in your mind? Well, each appliance requires a special approach to things. Everything functions when you take the proper care for it. The most obvious thing to know is that any extra features will always cost you an extra dime. No matter if you are buying a garbage disposal or a car.
Therefore choosing the right garbage disposal should always reflect your way of living. If you are single and have no else to share your trash with then maybe getting the most expensive one is not always the go to. If you got a big family then spending the extra dime if affordable should always be considered! Owning a garbage disposal will still let you be a fight of humanity against the disposal of garbage. Thus everyone needs to unite and take a more careful look at how we get rid of our waste.