Gardening is an activity that gives peace to people and, normally, is a great hobby that does not require a lot of money. Sometimes, young people misunderstand the concept of gardening and think it is a recreation just for old people.
Wrong! The best aspect or characteristic about gardening is that everybody can do it and there are many things one could do in a garden. For example, a garden could be a space where you grow your favorite flowers or plant, a place to grow organic food or just a beautiful place to chill out with your friends or yourself.
However, no matter what type of garden you prefer, there are thousands of ideas to have a great, big and wonderful garden. Yet, not all these ideas are good enough for all the people. It will all depend on your taste, your style and, of course, your budget. For those who are interested in having the best garden ever, for a low price, here are some big ideas that will help you (whether you are experience or not) to have the garden of your dreams:
First, for those who really love organic food, having an own garden it is the best idea. Still, that does not mean this place could not be a perfect place.
So, the main and most important aspect to take into consideration to start growing vegetables in a great garden is the shadow. If a garden does not have a good combination of light and shadow, definitely your vegetables will not have a decent growing season. But, how do you make a garden with light and shadow? Easy!
- You must know an obelisk gives shadows in different directions depending on the position of the sun. So, constructing an obelisk, or planting one, in the center of your garden, will give you the right quantity of shadow and light your plants will need.
Another idea for food gardening lovers, is a small “cocktail” garden, and by cocktail I mean a place to hang out and, at the same time, grow your favorite spices.For this “cocktail” garden you will need:
- Different containers in: wood, size and shape. Then, in order to have your own style, these containers could be painted as you want as long as you are aware of keeping alive the colors of the plants. Once the spices or plants are in the containers, place them all around the kitchen (especially in the windows) that way you will have your garden, a place to hang out and the kitchen in just one beautiful and lovely space.
Luxury garden at a low cost
Second, for those who love gardening, but their budget is quite short, there are many ideas to have a luxury garden without spending too much and without losing the style. Right now, the element most used in contemporary gardens is re-used materials or old material that has been left in the backyard. To start with luxury garden, here are some tips:
- Go with small lines. Thanks to these lines, you will be available to sow your plants saving space and money. Additionally, these lines can be covered by any type of elements, such as: rocks, different kind of sand, artificial couch-grass and so on.
- Create a large bed of plants as walls. If in your garden there are little path, creating a bed of roses or other flowers surrounding this path, will give you the feeling of having small walls in your garden. The bed could be done by boxes of concrete, wood or any material you do not use anymore.
- If you want something fancier but at the same time, you want a place to put tables and chairs, creating a small patio is the best idea ever. However, concrete patio are expensive. So, patio covers of couch-grass or crushed rock is the perfect solution.
Cover your entire patio with those materials, put your table and chairs in the center, and place some plants and flowers at the borders of the patio in order to get a perfect and harmonic garden.
Moreover, in present day there are people that prefer to have a garden inside the house that outside. For them, minimalist creation are the best idea for an inside garden. For example:
- Place between 4 and 10 small containers (wood, metal, plastic, concrete, etc.) around the windows.If you want, you could hang some of the containers and that way the design will be unique and they will decorate the window.
- If you enjoy having pots in your tables and you are bored of the same designs, you must do this: choose old clothespins and dress your pots with them. Also, you can paint these clothespins, so your pots are all from different colors.
- If you care about space, you can place a little garden in your walls. Set some tables on the wall and then, put your favorite pots on them. Inside the pots, it is recommended to grow small flowers so it will combine with the reduce space.
- If what you only have in home is metal containers, you do not have to worry no more. Cut the pots in half, do not paint them and place different color flowers, especially if they are warm colors. It will give you a warm feeling in the coolest months.
Cupboards for gardening tools
And for last, but not less important, there are great ideas for saving the gardening tools, because without them, none of these ideas could be done.
Whether you have your garden inside the house or outside, vintage cupboards are the big trend these days:
- Create an old wood cupboard to storage your pots. These cupboards should have, at least, three levels: one, for the small pots; other for wood pots, and the last one for other types of pots.
- However, if you do not like cupboards, you can create or design cabinets with old boxes. Set them in size order, up and down, and put in them all your pots, gardening tools and all. Additionally, the top of the boxes will be useful to put some flowers on.